You are not logged in.

• Index
  • » Shop
  • » If it was up to Los Angeles Chargers safety Derwin James , his trainin

#1 2018-11-09 05:41:32

laiyongcai92
Advanced Member

If it was up to Los Angeles Chargers safety Derwin James , his trainin

The Chargers Cheap D.J. Humphries Jersey decided to be cautious with their first-round draft pick as he recovered from a minor hamstring strain and delayed James' first workout in pads."I feel like I was ready Monday, but you know it's an ongoing process." James said. "You never know with those soft tissue injuries, so I know they got my back. They only want what's best."James sustained the injury one week prior to the start of training camp while working out on his own, but there was no hint the former Florida State standout was limited in any way. During a position drill, James even joined his fellow defensive backs in an impromptu dance party.In the team period, James was smooth and explosive in limited repetitions to earn praise from head coach Anthony Lynn."He looks good," Lynn said. "He looks good in his uniform. I mean, he's a good-looking safety, but it's just good to see him back out there because he had such a good offseason."The decision to be cautious with James was understandable after cornerback Jason Verrett sustained a torn Achilles tendon during a conditioning test last week before the start of training camp. Trevor Williams, a possible replacement for Verrett, sustained an ankle injury on Tuesday, but Lynn said it was not a high-ankle sprain and that Williams could return in a week.James acknowledged some frustration at missing the start of his first training camp, but recognized why the Chargers would not want to risk having the injury linger into the regular season. Instead, he is focused on making the most of his time going forward."They know what I can do," James said. "They drafted me in the first round for a reason. Just really come out here and become a master of my craft, learn my movements and be where I'm supposed to be on the field."With James on the field, the Chargers can start to figure out their safety pairings in earnest. Tre Boston started 15 games last season http://www.cardinalscheapshops.com/chea … ith-jersey , but was not re-signed in free agency. James was drafted No. 17 overall to fill that vacancy and play next to incumbent Jahleel Addae.James is learning how to play as both a free safety and a strong safety right now, but Addae said differentiating between the two positions can be overblown in coordinator Gus Bradley's 4-3 defense."Coach always says it best," Addae said. "We don't have no strong safety, we don't have no free safety. We just have safeties. All of us are interchangeable."James credited Addae and the other Chargers defensive backs with helping him adjust quickly to the NFL."I sit right behind him in the meeting room and I try to pick his brain, and he don't mind helping me," James said. "He's a great guy. Adrian Phillips, he helps me. Our whole DB room and our coaches that we have are great people to be around, and they only want what's best."Still, James compared the learning process to feeding a baby."They give me a little spoonful, and then I got to wait a little bit, and they give me some more," James said.NOTES: The Chargers signed receiver Marcus Peterson and cornerback Channing Stribling on Thursday after placing Verrett and tight end Austin Roberts (torn ACL) on injured reserve.Balancing Sam Bradford and Josh Rosen as the Cardinals prepare for the Saints By: Ryan MichaelPro Football AnalystTwitter: @theryanmichaelIt wasn't exactly the start Arizona was hoping for.Sure, David Johnson was electric for two carries.Christian Kirk looked sharp on the first punt return of his career, until he didn't.Hot takes fly this time of year, both good and bad. Baker Mayfield looked sharp vs. the Giants. Sam Darnold led the Jets on an impressive touchdown drivebefore halftime of their preseason opener. Even Lamar Jackson and his 39.3% completion-percentage has managed to find the end zone."Chosen Rosen"? Not yet.6 of 13 (46.2%) for 41 yards, a putrid 3.2 YPA average and 0 touchdowns (53.7 passer rating)."Numbers lie" is one of the most common and often misused phrases in all of sports. That doesn't mean sample-size doesn't matter. 49ers quarterback Nick Mullens finished 11 of 13 (84.6%) for 141 yards and an impressive 10.8 YPA average (105.4 passer rating). Which tells us what?It's tough to gauge a quarterback's progress when playing under the circumstances Rosen played under vs. the Chargers. It was ugly, a unique kind of bad. If the Cardinals are completely sold on Sam Bradford as their starting quarterback based on his performance in camp and his one passing attempt vs. the Chargers http://www.cardinalscheapshops.com/chea … ugh-jersey , they need to accept the fact that Rosen will continue to develop around the cast he's surrounded by for as long as he remains with the 2s."We need to improve our second offensive line...I'm not really concerned about it." -Steve WilksI am. Assuming they limited Bradford to one passing attempt due to durability concerns, what does it say when they stuck the No. 10 overall pick behind a center that continued to hike footballs to his cleats?Rosen will get first team reps vs. the Saints on Friday. As interesting as it will be to see Rosen with the 1s for the first time, why take away reps from the quarterback you awarded the starting position to before Week 1 of the preseason?Bradford hasn't attempted more than 11 passes at any level of NFL action since September 11th, 2017. That's a lot of rust to knock off. If his durability is still a question mark more than 300 days later, to the point where they won't even play him for two quarters of a preseason game, why was he awarded the label of starter to begin with?You've heard the phrase: Wanting to "have your cake and eat it too."The front office and organization save face, while the players on their roster develop under inconsistency. I realize that's not a popular take. You want to give the new regime a fair shot and it's tough to argue with a 24-17 win. There's not enough meaningful tape to critique and the team's future is yet to be determined. Hopefully I'm proven wrong.There were a few bright spots.Rosen displayed touch and accuracy beyond his years, even on incompletions. It's scary to think how good he could be behind a stable offensive line, with game-experience to help discover his limits.The future of the 2018 season will be impacted by both Bradford and Rosen's performance against the Saints. It's another step, however small. As much as I feel the Cardinals want to justify Bradford's $20,000,000, it would be tough to ignore their first round quarterback playing well, or better than Bradford, with their offensive starters.In the same vein, Bradford has the opportunity to make Rosen look like a rookie.What are you expecting Friday night?

• Index
  • » Shop
  • » If it was up to Los Angeles Chargers safety Derwin James , his trainin

Board footer