You are not logged in.

• Index
  • » Shop
  • » rsial past behind him. "It feels

#1 2018-07-09 08:46:14

lw789
Can Charge Rent

rsial past behind him. "It feels

NEW YORK -- Following a long stretch of futility, Tampa Bays fortunes have turned. Logan Forsythe hit a tiebreaking single with two outs in the 12th inning and the Rays beat the New York Yankees 4-3 Monday night despite squandering a late lead. "This is my own personal theory, is that to win on the road in extra innings really is good for a teams morale," Tampa Bay manager Joe Maddon said. Kevin Kiermaier homered in his third straight game and Matt Joyce also went deep for the resurgent Rays, who have their first three-game winning streak since taking a season-best four in a row May 22-25. Theyve won five of six overall and no longer own the worst record in the majors, a distinction that had belonged to them since June 4. "Nobody quit," Maddon said. "To lose a game like this would have been really hard to walk in here. Its very difficult, and you dont know the negative complementary impacts its going to have." The only real bad news for the Rays was that shortstop Yunel Escobar is headed to the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to June 25, because of a sore right shoulder. "Pretty much on target for a minimal stay," Maddon said. Brian Roberts homered off Rays reliever Joel Peralta with one out in the ninth to tie it 3-all. As the ball cleared the right-field wall, Peralta crouched near the mound and pounded his fist into his glove. But the scuffling Yankees were unable to muster any more offence and lost for the seventh time in nine games. "They were able to get the big hits at the end and we werent," manager Joe Girardi said. "Weve had two extremely tough losses on this homestand." Chris Archer nearly became the first pitcher in more than a century to win his first five outings against the Yankees, and Tampa Bay hurlers finished June with 287 strikeouts -- breaking the major league record for one month set by the Chicago Cubs, who had 286 in August 2002. "It was so special," Archer said. "Were going to be etched in stone for a while." Brandon Guyer drew a two-out walk from Jose Ramirez (0-2) in the 12th and stole second. Forsythe lined the next pitch into centre field, scoring Guyer easily. "Big boost in confidence. Thats why we keep battling every game," said Forsythe, who also played excellent defence at second base. "We never think were out of it, and its great to be that guy tonight." Brad Boxberger (1-1) pitched two perfect innings for his first major league win in 72 appearances. "Really dominant kind of stuff," Maddon said. "He was in total command of the moment." Archer went seven innings and was in line for the victory until Roberts homered. The last pitcher to start his career 5-0 in five games against New York was Washington Senators Hall of Famer Walter Johnson from 1907-08 -- back when the club was still called the Highlanders. The 25-year-old Archer has a 1.51 ERA in 35 2-3 innings against the Yankees. Ryan Hanigan gave the Rays a 3-2 lead in the eighth with an RBI single off closer David Robertson. Hanigans clutch hit came after Dellin Betances issued consecutive two-out walks. "I couldnt make pitches with two outs," Betances said. "Thats why I was so frustrated: I couldnt end the inning." New York pitchers have walked 16 in the last two games. Despite his teams record (36-49), Maddon is optimistic the Rays have turned things around in time to make a run. Tampa Bays bats busted loose for 12 runs Sunday in Baltimore, and Joyce picked up Monday right where he left off. Joyce, who tied team records with five hits and 12 total bases the day before, connected off David Phelps in the first inning for his third home run in two games. Going into Sunday, Joyce had three homers all season -- none since May 11. Kiermaier, who had three hits, made it 2-0 with a leadoff shot in the third, but the Yankees finally broke through against Archer in the bottom half. Brett Gardner grounded an RBI triple inside first base and scored on Derek Jeters groundout. NOTES: When LHP David Price starts Tuesday night, hell try to join Nolan Ryan, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez as the only pitchers to strike out at least 10 in six consecutive games. In 22 career starts against the Yankees, Price has never fanned 10. ... RHP Jeremy Hellickson (elbow surgery) threw 38 pitches in Florida and felt good, Maddon said. Now, the Rays will determine whether Hellicksons next rehab outing will be for Class-A Charlotte or Triple-A Durham. Hellickson ended his rehab start with Durham last Friday after three innings, complaining of discomfort. ... Rays CF Desmond Jennings was hit by pitches in the ninth and 11th. ... New York LHP CC Sabathia (right knee) threw a bullpen at Yankee Stadium and is scheduled to throw about 50 pitches in a rehab start Thursday for Double-A Trenton. "Hopefully, hes on the horizon," GM Brian Cashman said. Tim Schaller Jersey . Head coach Randy Carlyle confirmed the news after the Leafs morning skate on Monday. Kozun was hurt during Friday nights home game against the Red Wings and did not make the return trip to Detroit for Saturdays game. Jimmy Hayes Jersey . Kripps, of Summerland, B.C., and Edmontons Barnett used a terrific second run to move up two spots, putting the Canadian duo in medal contention with the final two runs set for Monday (11:15 a.m. ET, streaming live at cbc. http://www.thebostonbruinshockey.com/pa … ey-jersey/. Messis father, Jorge Horacio Messi, is apparently still under investigation for an alleged 4 million euros ($5.3 million) in unpaid taxes from Messis image rights from 2007-09. Messis public relations firm confirmed Spanish media reports that the state prosecutor has asked for Messi to be dropped from the investigation that began in June 2013. Cam Neely Jersey . The roster changes have been constant and continuous since late last year, but even with their 46-man roster set for the start of the season, the banged-up Bombers will be kicking off Week 1 with a handful of fresh faces and back-ups in the starting lineup. Custom Boston Bruins Jerseys . Smith, who raised eyebrows at the CFL combine in March with his ability on both sides of the ball, confirmed in a statement he tested positive for the anabolic steroid Stanozolol prior to auditioning for league officials. SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. -- Barry Bonds certainly thinks hes worthy of election to the Hall of Fame. "Without a doubt," baseballs home run king said Monday at the San Francisco Giants spring training camp, where he will serve as a hitting instructor for a week. The 49-year-old Bonds spent his last 15 big league seasons with San Francisco, finishing in 2007 with 762 homers. But his final years were clouded by suspicions of performance-enhancing drug use, and the seven-time NL MVP was convicted of one obstruction count in April 2011 by a jury that found an answer he gave was criminally evasive during 2003 testimony before a grand jury investigating the distribution of PEDs. And he didnt even come close to election to the Hall in his first two turns on the ballot. Advice for the writers who have not voted for him: "You guys are all adults. I have no advice for you." One topic he wouldnt discuss: Alex Rodriguez, who is serving a season-long drug suspension. Bonds said he respects Rodriguez and will talk to him individually, "not in a press conference." Meeting with about three dozen media for about 30 minutes on a patio overlooking the left field area at Scottsdale Stadium, Bonds wanted to put the controversial past behind him. "It feels really good to be back," Bonds said. "It feels good to give back to the game that I love. Hopefully, Ill be a part of this longer. ... Im enjjoying it.dddddddddddd "I am more nervous at this than I was playing, because it was only my mind and me. Hopefully I can bring good value to the ballclub. Well see how it works out," he added. "I dont even know if Im good at it." Looking about 30 pounds lighter than his playing weight of 230 and considerably more affable, Bonds wore an orange-and-black Giants cap, a black windbreaker and baseball pants, ready for the first day of work in a seven-day stay in camp. He appeared relaxed, laughing and joking more in a few minutes than he did during the years when he ruled the teams clubhouse from his corner reclining chair. "Im just a different character. I was a different character playing," he said. "Now Ive had time to slow down, do other things. I needed that guy to play, its who I was at the time. Im the same person, just a different character. ... Teammates used to say, you dont play when youre nice. It worked. Whatever it was, it worked." After meeting with the media, Bonds watched Posey and others intently in the batting cage. "The timing was right. Thats why its happening now," manager Bruce Bochy said. "Its good for Barry to see how its going to work for him. To me, he is one of the greatest minds in baseball." Would he perhaps like to manage some day? "I want to try and get through these seven days first," he said with a laugh. Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL T-shirts Cheap Jerseys Online Stitched Jerseys Wholesale Throwback Jerseys Jerseys NFL Cheap Wholesale NFL Hoodies ' ' '

• Index
  • » Shop
  • » rsial past behind him. "It feels

Board footer