You are not logged in.

• Index
  • » Shop
  • » ke playing with a bit of freedom

#1 2018-07-05 08:12:06

lw789
Can Charge Rent

ke playing with a bit of freedom

CHARLOTTE, N.C. - The Houston Rockets hadnt been very good lately with Dwight Howard on the court, and downright lethal with him on the sidelines. But that all changed Monday night. James Harden stayed hot, Howard provided a boost on defence and the Rockets won their fourth straight game 100-89 to cool off the surging Charlotte Bobcats. Harden scored 31 points and Howard battled through foul trouble and a head cold he picked up over the weekend to chip in with 10 points and 10 rebounds, handing the Bobcats only their second loss in the last 11 games at home. Houston had lost three straight before Howard decided to sit out and rest a nagging ankle injury. The Rockets quickly started rolling without him, winning the next three games by an average of 23 points. "Dwight is a great talent and you figure a way to get him in," Harden said. "He didnt score the ball well tonight, but he had 10 rebounds and did so many other things, He held Al Jefferson to a fewer amount of points. It doesnt always show up in the stat sheet, but we know how important he is to our team." Jefferson still finished with 20 points and 11 rebounds for Charlotte, but many of those came when Howard was sitting out after picking up a pair of offensive fouls — his third and fourth of the game — in the third quarter. "I was trying to play through (being sick) and the conditioning, but the important part is we got the win," Howard said. Terrence Jones added 18 points and seven rebounds in the victory and Chandler Parsons and Patrick Beverly had backbreaking 3-pointers on consecutive possessions in the final two minutes to seal the victory. The Rockets (48-22) entered 1 1/2 games behind the Los Angeles Clippers in the race for third place in the Western Conference and riding a wave of confidence having shot 54.7 per cent during the recent three-game win streak. The turning point came late in the third quarter with the Bobcats leading 66-65. Harden took over, helping Houston close the quarter with a 13-2 run to build a double-digit lead. Harden scored 10 points during that crucial stretch, including a breakaway left-handed dunk and a fall away 3-pointer. He was fouled another 3-point attempt and sank all three shots. The Bobcats got to within five on a jumper by Jefferson in the lane, but Parsons and Beverly each hit 3s to push the lead to 98-87 with one minute left in the game. "Chandler made a really big transition 3 and Pat made a big 3 in the corner that kind of sealed the game," Rockets coach Kevin McHale said. Kemba Walker had 22 points to lead Charlotte. The Bobcats (34-37) came in having won seven of their last 10 — including a 30-point victory over Portland on Saturday night — and looking to gain ground on Washington in the race for the sixth seed in the Eastern Conference playoffs. But they shot just 37 per cent from the field. "The ball movement just wasnt the same tonight. We didnt have a James Harden," Jefferson said. Few teams do. At times, Harden was hitting step-back jump shots that not even the leagues best defenders could stop. Jefferson called Harden the best 1-on-1 player in the game. "He didnt do anything that surprised me tonight," Jefferson said. "Hes an amazing player." It was Hardens 18th 30-point game this season. "He just took over," McHale said. "Hes been fantastic and playing the right way. He had 31 (points) on 19 shots. And hes making the right play. Hes making great passes and he led us in assists" with five. NOTES: NBA Commissioner Adam Silver attended the game. Silver said he would like to see Charlotte host the NBA All-Star game in the near future. "The process is for them to apply. Weve had our events department down here to survey the building and there are some upgrades to the building that are needed. Part of the understanding is to assure the building remains state-of-the-art... but Id love to bring the All-Star game back here. Its a hotbed of basketball and the only thing they have to do is apply." ... Team owner Michael Jordan took in the game from the end of the Bobcats bench. ... Houston has won seven straight against Charlotte. ... Bobcats coach Steve Clifford picked up his seventh technical of the season. Terrell Edmunds Steelers Jersey . Judging by his performance Saturday night, Cotto has plenty left in the tank. Cotto became the first Puerto Rican fighter to win world championships in four weight divisions, stopping Sergio Martinez in their WBC world middleweight title fight Saturday night. James Washington Jersey . The Maple Leafs may not have had a pick until the third round, but they have made the biggest move of the second day of the Draft, dealing defenceman Carl Gunnarsson and a fourth-round pick in the draft to the St. http://www.footballsteelerstore.us/Blac … -Jersey/.C. -- Theyll remember the OT from the first Syracuse-Duke game -- and the Ts that decided Round 2. Chukwuma Okorafor Steelers Jersey . His right arm rested in a sling and was encased in a cast from above the elbow to his hand. "Im excited," Fernandez said with a grin. Steelers Jerseys . After falling 5-0 on home ice in a game that could have tied them for second in the wild card standings, Washington head coach Adam Oates had some strong words for Capitals superstar Alex Ovechkin.Moeen Ali admitted he owed the team some runs after his superb unbeaten 155 put England in total control of the second Test with Sri Lanka on day two in Durham. Ali repaid the faith shown in him by captain Alastair Cook and the selectors, who promoted the stylish left-hander to No 7 at the Emirates Riverside after all-rounder Ben Stokes was ruled out of the three-Test series with a knee injury.The Worcestershire batsman scored his second Test century - his first also came against Sri Lanka at Headingley two years ago - and his maiden score of 150 to help England declare on 498-9, before the tourists were reduced to 91-8 at the close. Moeen Ali scored his second Test century for England on day two of the second Test with Sri Lanka However, Ali - whose 207-ball innings contained 17 fours and two sixes - said he felt he was due a score after struggling for runs while batting down at No 8 during the winter tours of the UAE and South Africa.It is about time really and I feel like I owed the team some runs and to do it today was a great feeling, he told Sky Sports.I struggled a bit this morning for the first half an hour, but once I got in…  I have actually been feeling alright, but I just had not really spent the time in the middle. Watch a pick of the action from the second day of the second Test between England and Sri Lanka I think batting at No 8 you do not really get your batting head on and that is quite difficult sometimes.When I spoke to Chef [Alastair Cook] the evening before the game, he told me I was going to bat at No 7 and to just play my natural game and how I normally play at Worcester.I actually enjoy batting No 6, but it has not really fazed me too much when they have asked me to bat at No 8, I am pretty happy. And when they told me I am batting at No 7, I was obviously very happy as well. I have been pretty average with the bat to be honest with you Moeen Ali I am going to have to get some scores if I want to go up the order. I have been pretty average with the bat to be honest with you, but hopefully I can keep batting well.Ali was quick to pay tribute to the tail, though, and in particular Steven Finn, who batted for 37 deliveries for just 10 runs to help the 28-year-old reach his hundred after lunch at the Riverside.If it was not for the way the guys batted, I would not have got the runs and Finny has been playing quite well, he said. I was not sure before lunch how I was going to bat with the tail and then I spoke to Rooty [Joe Root] and a few of the guys and I had a bit more of an idea.The tourists did drop Ali before and after lunch, but the England batsman says he is going to continue playing on instinct.Most of the time, when I have batted a bit of time, I am quitee loose and I enjoy batting that way he said.dddddddddddd I like playing with a bit of freedom and if I see it, I just go for it and it is something I have tried to tighten up a bit and I have done over the years. Weve picked Ali as our player of the day after his 155no helped England declare on 498-9 But I just accept it, carry on and forget about it pretty quickly.I have been getting out caught at cover in the one-dayers and I feel it is a strength and a weakness. But I am just going to carry on playing and enjoy seeing the ball and hitting it and back my instinct a bit.As for the state of the match, the all-rounder believes Cook will look to enforce the follow-on for the second Test in a row if, as is expected, Sri Lankas last two wickets fail to make another 209 runs. Moeen Ali is congratulated by team-mate Steven Finn after reaching his ton It was perfect, especially the way we bowled towards the end there and to have them eight down has been a brilliant evening, but it has been a brilliant day, Ali said.Going by the way we have been bowling, I think we would try and bowl them out tomorrow and then make them follow on again. It will be really tough as it is a slowish pitch, but the guys have bowled brilliantly. England show some great teamwork in the slips, claiming the wicket of Shaminda Eranga The off-spinner could even get an extended bowl on day three after sending down only four overs - all maidens - on Saturday, with Ali predicting more assistance for the slow bowlers as the game wears on.We felt yesterday that it was going to spin a little bit because of the tackiness, but hopefully as the games goes on, there will be a little bit more spin and hopefully I can get some wickets as well, he said. Also See: Ali fires as England dominate Scorecard WATCH: Story of Day Two WATCH: Mahelas catching demo Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2020 China Jerseys Cheap Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Stitched Jerseys NFL T-shirts From China Wholesale Jerseys 2020 ' ' '

• Index
  • » Shop
  • » ke playing with a bit of freedom

Board footer