You are not logged in.

• Index
  • » Shop
  • » on is that a Diego Sanchez fight will b

#1 2018-06-11 07:23:36

lw789
Can Charge Rent

on is that a Diego Sanchez fight will b

MINNEAPOLIS -- An unexpectedly strong performance in the middle gave the Minnesota Timberwolves a big lift Sunday night. Kevin Love had his usual solid performance with 26 points, 10 rebounds and five assists to lead the Timberwolves to a 104-102 victory over the Sacramento Kings. But it was the other double-double that was unexpected. In his first career start, rookie Gorgui Dieng had his first career double-double with season highs in points (12) and rebounds (11) for Minnesota. He also had five blocks. "Were a man short right now and Gorgui, he just came in and did what we needed him to do and thats just rebound and alter shots at the basket," said Kevin Martin, who had 31 points Dieng, the 21st pick in last summers draft, made his first career start in place of Nikola Pekovic, who sat out with soreness in his right ankle. "I was prepared if I get minutes or not I was just going to keep working," Dieng said. "I think you should work more when you dont play a lot. I didnt get minutes. I never got frustrated. Just keep working and I know my time will come one day." A former Timberwolves player saw Diengs potential firsthand. "I told him since the first day he got here that its your job to block shots. You got drafted to rebound and block shots. His post games getting better as well. If he sticks with that hes going to be a good player in this league," said Derrick Williams, who scored 26 points and had 11 rebounds off the bench for Sacramento. Williams knows about being a young player in Minnesota. The second-overall pick in the 2011 Draft, Williams had two disappointing seasons with the Timberwolves before being traded to Sacramento on Nov. 26 for Luc Mbah a Moute, who has been a non-factor for Minnesota. "I think anybody who gets traded wants to play good against the team that traded them," he said. "I just wanted to be aggressive because (DeMarcus) Cousins was out and I was the next man up. Coach wants me to be aggressive and thats what I did tonight." Cousins, the Kings starting centre, missed the game with right knee tendinitis. He was replaced by Aaron Gray, who hadnt seen action since Feb. 25. Gray finished with four points in 20 minutes. "Its a testament to Aarons work ethic and his positive attitude for him to be ready to play tonight after not playing in so many games," coach Michael Malone said. "It was good to see him out there." Love hit 3 of 6 3-pointers, including one with 1:07 to play to give Minnesota a 97-95 lead and the Timberwolves hung on to win for the 33rd time, their most wins since 2005-06. Sacramentos Isaiah Thomas had 27 points, including two 3-pointers in the final 15 seconds to keep it close. Thomas scored from beyond the arc with 13.2 seconds left to get the Kings within two. After Martin made two free throws to make it 102-98 with 12.1 seconds left, Thomas answered with another 3-pointer before Martin made two more free throws with 5.7 seconds left. It was the second straight night the Kings couldnt close out a game, leaving them with a 2-5 record on a season-long seven-game road trip. They were outscored by six points in the fourth quarter and lost 94-87 in Chicago Saturday. "We were in there; we had a chance to win, but we just couldnt capitalize," Thomas said. Down 29-19 late in the first quarter, Williams provided a spark by scoring 10 straight points off the bench to get the Kings within three by quarters end. Williams had six more in the second quarter as the Kings took a 54-53 halftime lead. NOTES: Sacramento has officially been eliminated from playoff contention. ... Listed as day to day, Pekovic missed 13 games earlier this season -- including all of February -- with bursitis in his right ankle. ... Minnesota entered the game averaging a league-low 3.5 blocks per game. ... Thomas reached 1,000 career assists with a first-quarter helper, becoming the eighth player in Sacramento history to have that many in his first three seasons with the Kings. ... Martin made his 1,000th career 3-pointer in the fourth quarter. ... Twelve of Sacramentos final 15 games are in the Pacific time zone. Hampus Lindholm Jersey . The incident occurred at 6:28 of the first period in Anaheims 6-3 home win over Dallas on Sunday. Garbutt left the penalty box and skated at Penner before leaving his skates to deliver a check. Corey Perry Jersey . The 17-year-old had four goals and four assists in 38 games for Liberec in the Czech pro league this past season. Zacha had three goals and two assists in seven games at the world mens under-18 championship in April when the Czech Republic took the silver medal. http://www.officialduckshockeyauthentic … -jersey/.Y. Islanders 4Winnipeg 5 Dallas 2Nashville 3 Colorado 0San Jose 5 Edmonton 2---AHLProvidence 5 St. Johns 4 (OT)Chicago 6 San Antonio 2---NBACleveland 105 Toronto 101Portland 98 Detroit 86New Orleans 104 New York 93Oklahoma City 114 Milwaukee 101Memphis 114 Dallas 105Miami 103 Phoenix 97Utah 100 San Antonio 96L. Ryan Getzlaf Jersey . The Redblacks are taking on the Edmonton Eskimos in their second regular season game Friday night. Catch the game live on TSN as the back end of a doubleheader starting at 10pm et/7pm pt. Custom Anaheim Ducks Jerseys . JOHNS, N.The vacant UFC welterweight title will finally be decided on Saturday, when Johny Hendricks faces Robbie Lawler in the main event of UFC 171 at American Airlines Center in Dallas, Texas.  TSN 1290s Jordan Cieciwa, Big Marv and Toby are here to give their predictions on who will leave with the belt and who will take some of the other key bouts on the card. Johny Hendricks vs. Robbie Lawler Jordan Cieciwa How do you pick a fight where two guys have the ability to end a fight with one punch. So whos going to win? The fans. Mix in Dana Whites pre-fight speech to all the athletes about getting fired no matter who you are for a boring fight and this one is going to end with a bang. Im going to go out on a limb with this one and talk about Robbie Lawler. I really think he is the fighter in this matchup who has proven he can do more than just the one lucky punch. Johny Hendricks looked amazing against GSP, but he didnt finish the fight. I think Lawler has the ability to out box Hendricks. If this doesnt end with a massive KO, its going to be Lawler out pointing Hendricks. Robbie Lawler via first round TKO Marv For the first time in six-years, well have a new undisputed UFC welterweight champion. Many felt Hendricks beat GSP in their last fight, so when St-Pierre walked away from the octagon and vacated his title, naturally Bigg Rigg was given that championship spot.  On the other side, Rory Macdonald was likely to take that role, but he was dominated by Robbie Lawler whose career is resurging after returning to the UFC and dropping back down to 170lbs.  Lawler finished former title challenger, Josh Koscheck in the first round, KOd Bobby Volker and beat Macdonald to earn the shot at championship gold.  Hendricks is a wrestler who has Hulk-like strength and one-punch knockout power. Lawler is arguably the best striker in the welterweight division.  If Hendricks cannot knock you out in the first round, he uses his wrestling to control the fight, which is what I expect him to do against Robbie Lawler. If Lawler can sprawl and brawl and pick Bigg Rigg apart, I see him finishing it in the third round for the upset. Lawler over Hendricks via TKO round 3 Toby Well, its been a long time since weve said "Welterweight Championship" and GSP isnt in the conversation, UFC 171 is a big night for the welterweight division. Johny Hendricks has proven that he is without a doubt one of the top 170 pounders in the world with an outstanding wrestling base and knockout power. I see this fight going to the ground early and often as Robbie Lawler can end a fight with one punch (as can Hendricks). Honestly, Im cheering for Lawler. Id like to see Robbie Lawler win AND Carlos Condit as well, only because (on paper) it would be a title fight with guaranteed fireworks. I get goose bumps just thinking about those two fighting, but back to reality, I have to go with my gut and choose: Hendricks via unanimous decision Carlos Condit vs. Tyrone Woodley JC Tyrone Woodley has been demonstrating some excellent skill. His wrestling and athleticism are unquestionable, he can hit a ton and knockouts are always one second away. That being said, hes never the same great fighter twice. Hes inconsistent, and has a tendency to lose fights he should easily win. Condit is a professional, probably one of my favorite fighters. He is skilled, and aggressive. He takes the first round to get going, and thats where I see this going bad. The oonly chance Woodley has is in the first three or four minutes.dddddddddddd  Once Condit finds his stride, he will win this fight. Condit via unanimous decision Marv This is shaping up to be an exciting fight with two welterweights that just go after it. Add a possible title shot to this match and the fight becomes that much more interesting.  Woodley, the former Strikeforce welterweight champ is a bit inconsistent in his win/loss column. But he has incredible knockout power and athleticism. Condit is a former WEC champ and former UFC interim champ.  His striking is great, he has KO power and can bring the fight to you.  Woodleys game plan should be to out wrestle Condit. But I still see Condit taking this one.   Condit over Woodley via TKO round 2 Toby This one has fight of the night written all over it, These guys go for it and look to finish fights, as fans, what more can we ask for? A tough one to call because theyre both so explosive, Im going to give the edge to Condit if Woodley cant get it to the ground. Condit via TKO in the third round Diego Sanchez vs. Myles Jury JC Diego Sanchez made a name for himself in a big way with his fight against Gilbert Melendez. Sanchez has always been one to watch, that fight made him someone to talk about. I dont think Myles Jury has what it takes to stand in there and trade with Sanchez. He is 13-0 for a reason, but without having seen a competitor like Sanchez, its tough to bet on the guy with the perfect record. Sanchez via third round TKO Marv The one thing you can always count on is that a Diego Sanchez fight will be fun to watch. His fight against Gilbert Melendez was arguably 2013s Fight of the Year. He fights like a Rockem Sockem robot and brings pressure.  Jury is 13-0 in MMA, hes well rounded, can knock you out or submit you, but will he buckle under the pressure that Sanchez brings?  I say Jury keeps his undefeated streak going, but it wont be easy. Jury via unanimous decision Toby Sanchez, one of the few cast members from the first season of The Ultimate fighter still fighting in the UFC, is always exciting to watch and brings the fight to his opponent.  I see him putting the pressure on but Jury is so well rounded and on a tear (13-0) I see him winning this one. Jury via unanimous decision. Sanchez via most entertaining post fight speech. Hector Lombard vs. Jake Shields JC Hector Lombard is back, he found his weight, hes explosive, and hes on a mission. Jake Shields is an amazing talent, and if I was going to start in the sport, I would ensure I made time for him to be my coach. I dont think he has what it takes physically to stop Lombard. That being said, if Hector doesnt show up with this absolute "A" game, he will end up in a submission or being pinned to the cage with some of the games best MMA Wrestling. Hector Lombard via second round doctor stoppage. Marv One of two things that will happen here, either Hector Lombard knocks out Shields in the first round, or Shields wrestles out a decision. With the exception of his fight with Ellenberger, I see Shields doing just that against Lombard. Shields over Lombard via unanimous decision Toby I couldnt agree with Big Marv on this fight more, Lombard will stop this one early or Shields will grind this one out on the ground and grab the decision victory. Shields via Diaz yelling mean things at Lombard from the corner and a unanimous decision. Wholesale Jerseys 2019 Cheap Jerseys Online Stitched Jerseys Youth NFL Jerseys China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale NFL White Jerseys ' ' '

• Index
  • » Shop
  • » on is that a Diego Sanchez fight will b

Board footer